Sunday, July 12, 2009

Week 2 - What did I do?

This week was dominated by a few things and then a few things took a lesser role. Here they are:

  • I spent a gazillion hours on Second Life (OK, not a gazillion, but enough that my girlfriend got a little worried about our first life. ;) )
  • I spent a few hours at the beginning of the week working on the course wiki, which I've connected to a big wooden ball in Second Life.
  • I wrote some posts on the course discussion board answering prompts, responding to other students, making suggestions, and discussing assignments.
  • I posted a few responses on the course blog and read much of the content and other responses.

I think, all included, I probably spent about 30 hours working on course topics this week (and that is probably a conservative estimate). The best part was that I enjoyed every minute of it (except maybe the part where I locked a prim in Second Life and didn't realize it, then spent about twenty minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't edit it...grrrrrr :) )

Next week I plan on spending more time on the course wiki, adding content to all the sad, blank pages that are craving attention.

P.S. The new FSU Online Students website is coming along nicely. I didn't include that in my "what I did this week" post because it might not be ready for Produsage Assignment 1. The front page is almost done, though, and forum integration is happening tomorrow night (as long as Joomla cooperates). I think everyone will like the site and, hopefully, will be enthusiastic about adding content.

Week 2 in the books. :)

1 comment:

  1. You've certainly been busy and productive! I look forward to seeing what you've done in Second Life. And it sounds like your participation falls under the category of "you get out of it what you put into it."

    Have you managed to get your girlfriend to set up a Second Life yet?

    ReplyDelete