Am I a produser? If the term officially means a producer of content using Web 2.0 tools, then yes, I am.
I've mentioned in several other posts, on the blog and course discussion board, that I co-created and run an online student association which is really "of the students, by the students". Although we created the framework for the produsage to take place, the site members really added most of the content, which at this point is extensive. I'd say that, so far, my produsage has been of a personal nature. However, because of my produsage I've been called upon to speak professionally about the natural symbiosis between community building and distance education. In this case, my produsage has moved more into a professional context.
I'm only two classes into the IS program and before then I had no idea what to call what I was doing. I did know, however, that in distance learning community was equally as important as well designed courses. This led to my produsage, which I've enjoyed emmensely.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment